Re: [TeXmacs] spell check

  • From: Kostas Oikonomou <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] spell check
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 10:48:28 -0400

I second this idea. enchant is standard on Solaris.

On 04/ 2/12 10:39 AM, Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
On Mon, 2 Apr 2012, François Poulain wrote:
Anyway, is there *any* reason to use ispell nowaday ?
No. It should be deprecated in favour of aspell.

A crasy idea: maybe it's better to use the enchant library
(http://www.abisource.com/projects/enchant/)? It's an
abstraction level over aspell, ispell, and some other spell
checkers currently used by AbiWord (maybe by some other
projects too, I'm not sure). Then there will be no need to
start an aspell process and communicate with it, just call
some enchant functions.

Andrey