Re: [TeXmacs] spell check

  • From: Kemal Ilgar Eroglu <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] spell check
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:42:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I made a little test with Turkish. It doesn't readily exist in the menus so I modified some files to add it (and I hope I did it correctly). Spell check generally seems to work, but I noticed the parser seems to get stuck at the dotless i letter. For example, the word "burası" is recognized by aspell when run from the command line, but when entered into TeXmacs the spell checker only takes the "buras" part, not including the dotless i at the end. This is the only problem I've observed so far.

Of course, since it is an agglutinative language, building a word-list for Turkish is a hopeless effort and aspell is bound to do a poor job. I have a little question: Not that I have the ability to write the code, but perhaps I can push some people I know to do it: Would TeXmacs be able to use a Java-based spell checker? Because the best open-source one for Turkish (also used by Open Office) is called "zemberek" and is Java-based.

Thanks for all the improvements by the way,
Ilgar