[TeXmacs] macros in sessions

  • From: Sam Liddicott <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] macros in sessions
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 08:36:37 +0100

I wish to be able to to use texmacs macros in gnuplot sessions

However <value|title> expands out to the title in the text of the session command, but when executed it comes out blank - i.e. the expanded macro is not passed to the session.

Further, "document->update all" does not automatically update the session results either. I understand why it is working (or not working) that way, but find it undesirable.

In my case I am trying to extend a template system for presenting results of repeated tests. I wish to include a template but override the test name, title, short-name and results files.
The template embed's it's various arguments in appropriate places to allow graphs to be commented on as part of the macro invocation. texmacs lovely in-place argument editing makes that work very well.

However.... it doesn't work here. The best I can think of is to have the test script run gnuplot directly :-( which is perhaps the best technical solution so that the test metadata and results all remain a readable set; but I'm still interested in scripting the re-generation of session output and the use of macros in session input.

Sam

  • [TeXmacs] macros in sessions, Sam Liddicott, 09/06/2012