[TeXmacs] Maxima and the $-sign

  • From: Geir Horn <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Maxima and the $-sign
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 19:06:13 +0200

Dear all,

I am running Fedora 17 with TeXmacs version 1.07.11 as a frontend for Maxima 5.27.0 which uses the $ sign to indicate "line that produces no output" for for instance a function definition like

mysqr(x) := x*x $

would produce no output. In previous versions of TeXmacs $ in a Maxima session produced $, but in this version it switches to mathematical mode (as it correctly does in normal text).

This is a VERY small issue, but somehow annoying so if there is a good way to "escape" the $ sign in a Maxima session I would be grateful for the hint!

Thanks,

--- Geir