Re: [TeXmacs] Chinese Translation of TeXmacs's doc

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Chinese Translation of TeXmacs's doc
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 02:02:43 +0100

Hi,

On 29/01/2013, at 17:49, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 05:28:51PM +0800, Darcy Shen wrote:
>> Select Chinese in Preference, and browse the commited file through the menu
>> 帮助->用户手册->浏览
>> you will see the title with Chinese garbled
>
> OK, thanks, I have the same problem.

I just committed r6254, hopefully fixing this issue. The display of
non-english characters in menu items (like file names in the go menu) should
be fixed as well.

For the record: the "solution" is simply a hack at the end of the chain,
using François' tools for charset detection. This is because the internal
cork encoding is not enforced for file names or widget elements at many
points in the code (tmfs-title-handlers, file names in menu items, buffer
names in titles, etc.), and choosing the proper ones where to convert is a
complicated task, and sterile on top of that, since we wish to completely
switch to internal utf8 encoding.

Therefore I choose to put the matter aside until someone
(<cough>François</cough> X-D) has the courage and time to solve it
thoroughly. The key places to keep in mind in qt code are from/to_qstring and
the chooser_widget, where conversion must be performed manually.

Best,
--
Miguel.