Re: [TeXmacs] What is the best interactive typesetter?

  • From: François-Xavier Thomas <address@hidden>
  • To: Michael Lachmann <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] What is the best interactive typesetter?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:23:56 +0100

I've said that a lot, but to me the most amazing TeXmacs feature is in the
shortcuts and visual feedback.

I can enter LaTeX very well in Vim, and in LyX as well, but the shortcuts in
TeXmacs are so intuitive -- working by similar-looking characters with the
Tab key is a genius move -- that I always feel like a donkey trying to type
when I manually enter LaTeX.

Yes, you can interface it with other things, but I have to say I've never
used that feature. TeXmacs is primarily a document editor for me, so I almost
always export my graphics manually from other programs.