[TeXmacs] Slow switching to TeXmacs (memory use?)

  • From: Michael Lachmann <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Slow switching to TeXmacs (memory use?)
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:47:12 +0200

Hi,

I'm using TeXmacs on OSX 10.8.4 (mountain Lion), compiled with --enable-qtpipes.
This version uses, I think, much more memory than it used to.
Currently I have a fairly small file in TeXmacs, the tm is ~900kB, with 13 images.
(An R session). TeXmacs is using 420MB real memory, 1GB virtual memory.

Normally I would not complain about this, except that very often, switching to TeXmacs takes a LONG time, maybe a minute or so, showing a rotating color wheel.

Has anyone else noticed this? I don't think I've seen this on my previous installations, running on OSX 10.7 or lower.

Thanks!
Michael