Re: [TeXmacs] Slow switching to TeXmacs (memory use?)

  • From: Michael Lachmann <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Slow switching to TeXmacs (memory use?)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:41:50 +0200

On 26 September 2013 17:25, Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden> wrote:
 could you try with the TeXmacs 1.7.0.20 which you can find here?

and see what happens?

Thank you very much! Memory use looks slightly better, but this version has the problem that caused me
to compile my own version in the first place: CPU use goes to 100% (well, actually 133%) when a session is started and stays there.
That's why I used ' --enable-qtpipes' in the compile.

Memory usage does not seem *too* abnormal. A fresh instance on my machine takes 80 Mb of real memory and 800Mb of virtual memory (virtual memory, iirc, counts also all shared libraries)

Yes, you are right. Firefox takes about as much. My problem is really why switching to TeXmacs sometimes takes so long. I was thinking it could be memory...

Michael