Re: [TeXmacs] Slanted vs upright text in math mode

  • From: Julien Frontisi <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Slanted vs upright text in math mode
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 19:05:32 +0200

Yes, the concern is about semantics. Here are a few examples.
I don't know any "natural way" to do it in general.
Julien

Le 10 mai 2014 à 18:53, Peter Rapčan <address@hidden> a écrit :

Dear Indra,

Depending on what you want to achieve - as far as semantics [i.e. meaning for a computer algebra systems working with the text] is concerned:

Say you want a slanted version of xy. Then,

x [press space bar] y [means x applied to x]
x * y [means x multiplied by x, where the multiplication sign is not rendered (as usually in math notation)]

If you want a slanted xy without a visible space, you can write x [press space bar, press tab] y. I am not sure whether semantically this is the same as x [press space bar] y, but visually it produces the output that you want.

Best,
Peter.