Re: [TeXmacs] Keyboard layout for static qt

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Keyboard layout for static qt
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 23:24:48 +0200

Hi Adrián,

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Adrian S. <address@hidden> wrote:

Warning messages in the console at startup:
QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed
QIconvCodec::convertToUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed

Any help will be welcomed.

Other issues I noticed:
The static qt version works fine keyboard-wise in Puppy Linux (slacko puppy 5.7.0), and does not show these problems However, it cannot show the 'select document dialog' in puppy linux, and crashes. It did not complain about QiconvCodec at all. Perhaps the issue is having coliding libraries of Qt, since slacko does not port any, I think, whereas ubuntu and sage live do.

There was a change in naming for iconv_open to libiconv_open at some point which has caused me a lot of headaches under MacOS with Macports. Or maybe it was a Gnu/non Gnu library issue... Anyway, the static version should have everything properly linked in...

You could try compiling the static version yourself with

make STATIC_TEXMACS

I'm sorry I cannot be of more help.

Best,
--