Re: [TeXmacs] Keyboard layout for static qt

  • From: Sam Liddicott <address@hidden>
  • To: "Adrian S." <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Keyboard layout for static qt
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 10:23:00 +0100

What is the locale of your X session?

Get a text terminal and type: env | grep 'LC\|LANG'
and paste the output here

Sam

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Adrian S. <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi everyone. I tried the static qt version for linux in my ubuntu 14.04 system as well as in sage-live-usb, and TeXmacs does not work properly with the layout us intnl. I filed a bug report http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?42753

Does anyone know of a workaround?

I am teaching several courses if differential equations next semester and wanted to distribute them the usb with sage live usb, all the software that it contains, some worksheets for sage as well as some documents in TeXmacs to interact with the programs.

The x version shows images, like those in the welcoming screen, as black boxes. The qt version is great, except that they all will want other-than-English layouts.

The keyboard is set to
us-international with dead keys.

I tried debugging tools within TeXmacs and the static Binary:
TeXmacs-1.99.2-i386-pc-linux-gnu-B.tar.gz, which uncompresses into
TeXmacs-1.99.2-8683M-i386-pc-linux-gnu
and was downloaded from
http://ftp.texmacs.org/TeXmacs/tmftp/generic/

**When typing:
 ' a
**I expected:
**It output:
**The terminal output:
TeXmacs] debug-keyboard, Pressed � at 26026
TeXmacs] debug-keyboard, � -> � -> �

Warning messages in the console at startup:
QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed
QIconvCodec::convertToUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed

Any help will be welcomed.

Other issues I noticed:
The static qt version works fine keyboard-wise in Puppy Linux (slacko puppy 5.7.0), and does not show these problems However, it cannot show the 'select document dialog' in puppy linux, and crashes. It did not complain about QiconvCodec at all. Perhaps the issue is having coliding libraries of Qt, since slacko does not port any, I think, whereas ubuntu and sage live do.

In slacko puppy 5.7.0, the static x version 1.99.1, it does not recognize the dead keys. With the keybiard debugging tool the program notices that <acute> was pressed, but complained that it was an undefined shortcut or a key missing in the encoding files.

School starts in two weeks, so it would be great to have a workaround for this problem.

It is a wonderful piece of software, and it is getting better and better.

-Adrian.