Re: [TeXmacs] Translation files?

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Translation files?
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 13:28:26 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 3:43 AM, Anderson Brasil <address@hidden> wrote:
1) Where should I look for the translation files for texmacs at my computer?

Depends on the operating system. Locate a file called english-portuguese.scm. It should be in $TEXMACS_HOME/langs/natural/dic.

However you don't really need that.

2) Where can I find the newest version of those translation files in trunk?

src/TeXmacs/langs/natural/dic.

Notice that you can also do the following to find out what needs translating and translating it from within TeXmacs:

1. Activate developer tools: Tools->Developer tools
2. Set Texmacs interface language to portuguese (Edit->Preferences)
3. Gather new strings for translation: Developer->Rebuild translations file
4. Edit translations: Developer->Edit translations file
5. Edit and save.
6. Reload: Developer->Force reloading of translations

3) After I update the translation files, the appropriate thing would be to post them here, so someone might "commit" it to the official repository?

Please use savannah:

And maybe post here so we all get a heads up.

Thanks for the work!

Best,
--
Miguel de  Benito.