Re: [TeXmacs] How to debug scheme code in Windows

  • From: philippe joyez <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to debug scheme code in Windows
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 07:59:36 +0000 (UTC)

> Under GNU/Linux, I use (display* message "\n") to debug. But under
Windows, there are no outputs in cmd.

If you need that, then you need to recompile the windows version using

./configure --enable-console

and then the executable file will open a terminal and display messages on
it, just as in linux.

> I have tried the Debug menu, but cannot find a way to get the message I
> want.
>
> At last, I put the message in a widget and show it for debugging. Any
better way to debug?

Well, a lot of debugging can be done in an interactive scheme session right
inside a texmacs document. It's usually enough.
Also, if you don't want to recompile you can output messages to the footer
with (set-message "left message" "right message")

best,
Philippe