Re: [TeXmacs] some question on new version

  • From: Alexandre Dezotti <address@hidden>
  • To: PDS <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] some question on new version
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 18:23:18 +0200

Hi,

Maybe you should try replace "guile18-config" by "guile-config1.8"
You should check on your system for the actual name of guile 1.8. If that's valid, you could use the command:

  sed -i -e 's/guile18 /guile1.8 /g' \
         -e 's/guile18-config/guile-config1.8/g' \
         configure

This is extracted from Archlinux PKGBUILD which does the necessary step in order to be able to compile Texmacs on Archlinux (link of the whole script: https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/texmacs).

Also for the X11 header, it might similarly be a path issue or that you need to install those headers.

Best,
Alexandre.

Hi I am trying to improve my expertise in the scheme systema and identifying
the sources of problems. I ll drop in the list what i can learn in the near
future about making plugins working.

About compiling the new version i am having problems following the
instructions.

I have downloaded the bundle, create the structure and reach a stop

./configure

line 4656: guile18-config command not found
line 4776: X11/Xutil.h : no such file or directory
unabel to link statically with guile
configure: error: QT plugins not found!

Any guess?

Cheers