Re: [TeXmacs] Reverting to pre-1.99.5 version (was Re: filename and quit problem

  • From: "Philippe Joyez" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden,address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Reverting to pre-1.99.5 version (was Re: filename and quit problem
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 14:46:08 +0100

>Is there a way to revert to the previous version without recompiling from
source?

Sorry, I have no role whatsoever in the website.

Note also that IMO, reverting (assuming it were possible...) is clearly a
second choice: whoever can, should definitely compile the latest version. That
is what I do on linux and frankly I have not seen any change in the overall
stability with v. 1.99.5 (plus you get the latest bug fixes!)

I am not saying that people out there are fantasizing the issues they have
with v. 1.99.5, though. However there are very few problems reported regarding
1.99.5 in the bug tracker. This mailing list is not at all a convenient tool
for archiving such reports and investigating these problems (for instance a
thread's topic may change ;-)) a lot of information is eventually lost. These
issues should be properly reported to the bug tracker with steps to reproduce,
specifying the platform, the version, how texmacs was built (or obtained),
etc.