Re: [TeXmacs] Rep: insertion of figures

  • From: "Philippe Joyez" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Rep: insertion of figures
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 23:32:03 +0200

>any LaTeX typed in GeoGebra become an element of a pdf image and i can put
>the siez of the resulting image to something where the LaTeX formulas seem to
>fit to the TeXmacs formulas, but that's not automatic.

Although pdf images are perfectly scalable, they are generated with a well-
specified size. When you insert such image in TeXmacs, the default is to keep
the original size of the image (at least in linux and windows, I can't say for
sure in MacOS where things might be slightly different). So if your source
application generates 12pt size font, if you do not change the default image
size upon import, it should appear in Texmacs at 12pt size... This works fine
for instance if you generate a pdf image from Inkscape.

As for Geogebra, my quick experiments (with an outdated v.4, current is 5.x)
shows that the actual size of the images it generates differs from what it
claims in the export window... In other words the image size is wrong (too
large in my case). If that is your problem, it is not a texmacs issue (you
would experience the same problem anywhere you import that image, e.g. in
LibreOffice) and you should ask for a solution at Geogebra's forums.

Concerning tikz, I've never used it and can't say.

Philippe