Re: [TeXmacs] Rep: insertion of figures

  • From: Vincent Douce Mathoscope <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Rep: insertion of figures
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 17:47:27 +0200

thanks Philip for this answer, i come back to get a bit forward in this topic
because i will soon need to works on the graphics for my book
here a png file that both Geogebra, mac os X's Finder and Gimp announce to be
456 × 369

PNG image

here a pdf version of this file

i insert it in a blanck TeXmacs document with "insert->image->link image"
the result is :

here screenshot :

PNG image

the png is not by default inserted with the right size
the pdf is not inserted at all...

i was starting to guess, reading your message, that forall size i choose ine
Geogebra for the pdf export, the size of the characters will be constant, as
defined in GeoGebra ? it may work for a pdf export but in this case the pdf
does not work...

Vincent

> Le 8 sept. 2017 à 23:32, Philippe Joyez <address@hidden> a écrit :
>
>> any LaTeX typed in GeoGebra become an element of a pdf image and i can put
>> the siez of the resulting image to something where the LaTeX formulas seem
>> fit to the TeXmacs formulas, but that's not automatic.
>
> Although pdf images are perfectly scalable, they are generated with a well-
> specified size. When you insert such image in TeXmacs, the default is to
> keep
> the original size of the image (at least in linux and windows, I can't say
> for
> sure in MacOS where things might be slightly different). So if your source
> application generates 12pt size font, if you do not change the default image
> size upon import, it should appear in Texmacs at 12pt size... This works
> fine
> for instance if you generate a pdf image from Inkscape.
>
> As for Geogebra, my quick experiments (with an outdated v.4, current is 5.x)
> shows that the actual size of the images it generates differs from what it
> claims in the export window... In other words the image size is wrong (too
> large in my case). If that is your problem, it is not a texmacs issue (you
> would experience the same problem anywhere you import that image, e.g. in
> LibreOffice) and you should ask for a solution at Geogebra's forums.
>
> Concerning tikz, I've never used it and can't say.
>
> Philippe

Vincent Douce
Mathoscope, éveilleur de mathématiques
http://mathoscope.xyz