[TeXmacs] About formatting plugin output

  • From: Nicola Mingotti <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] About formatting plugin output
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2018 20:50:38 -0800

Hi,

I am writing a plugin, I was able to start, yeah !

I am facing this little problem I can't figure out how to solve well.

The problem is I want the plugin to write some colored text
in TeXmacs (error messages). How do I do it ?

If I send data as :  print "verbatim:\\red{foobar}"
"red" gets ignored because it is in a verbatim.

My text is not LaTeX, so i wouldn't just copy from the "markup" plugin.

I considered sending a Scheme command, but i can't find how
to go beyond (insert "foobar") , that is, I don't know
how to encode something like this: (insert (with "color" "red" "foobar")).

More in general, can I send e.g. "\with|color|"Red"|"foobar" with Shift+Meta+X + SCHEME-CODE ?
I don't understand well up to which point Scheme and the "bracket" syntax are equivalent.

Actually I have just been able to have red text using the "html" tag.
But the font is changed. So, the problem is not still fully solved.

I was able to have red text also printing to STDERR, but it is not
documented, I don't want to follow that path.

If you can clarify a bit the thing I would be grateful.

bye
Nicola