Re: [TeXmacs] About formatting plugin output

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Nicola Mingotti <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] About formatting plugin output
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 13:02:10 +0000

Hi,
I’m not sure I understand.

Until you use ‘verbatim:' I think there is no escape possible. But I’m not
certain.
One possibility could be to use the 'latex:’ and then inside the latex code
you can use \verbatim to get in sequences you do not want to encode in latex
format.

But above all one would like to understand what are your input sequences.
From my point of view is not a TeXmacs problem but a problem on how to
encode your input in such a way that allow “escaping” to control the
formatting.

I give you an example: what if my plugin produces scheme code? Does the
sequence

(insert (with "color" "red" "foobar”))

is a sequence meant to be interpreted by TeXmacs or a sequence to be inserted
as verbatim?

I think you have to perform this encoding in the plugin.

But again, i’m not expert in plugin code so maybe I’m wrong. :)

max