Re: [TeXmacs] Suggestions for making TeXmacs more popular.

  • From: Ben shimol Yehuda <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Suggestions for making TeXmacs more popular.
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 08:34:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Just continuing Amir suggestions (I know it is a long shot)
make TeXmacs available as stand-alone app on iPads (or similar android devices)

___
 Yehuda

On May 3, 2019, at 22:58, Amir Michail <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I think the following suggestions could make TeXmacs a lot more popular:

* promote TeXmacs as a note taking tool that is useful even if you don't need to generate high quality PDFs and/or print anything out

* add a mode where word wrapping occurs at the window edge; this allows you to more easily use a narrow TeXmacs window to take notes while using another app to its side

* include a compact layout for taking notes that minimizes white space

* add a dark mode

* make it more difficult to accidentally nest environments in unexpected and hard to correct ways

* make sure copy/paste from TeXmacs to other apps just works and gives reasonable results

What do you think?

Amir

P.S. A more popular TeXmacs could mean a more stable app due to the greater number of bug reports and developers interested in fixing them.