Re: error

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: error
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 09:23:44 +0200

I agree that an automated system for bug reports would be nice...
but the bugs still have to be treated by a human non-automaton ;^)

So I am afraid that I agree with Basile: before anything else,
it is important for us to have a reliable way of reproducing the bug.
After that, we need as much information as possible.

Best wishes, --Joris

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 09:23:34PM +0200, Jorge Fernández de Cossío Díaz
wrote:
> Yes, I agree. It happens very frequently, but unfortunately I can't figure
> out a reproducible set of circumstances that lead to this error.
>
> On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 9:20 PM Basile Audoly <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Jorge,
> > I agree with you that the trace dump should be copy-able. However for that
> > particular bug it is unclear that this will help, as it is easy to spot
> > the
> > function in the source code that produces this particular error message.
> > That is why I wrote that it would help if anyone managed to make the error
> > message appear in a predictable way.
> > Basile
> >
> > Le 29 sept. 2019 à 16:47, Jorge Fernández de Cossío Díaz <
> > address@hidden> a écrit :
> >
> > The error dialog is not helpful, because one cannot copy text from it, or
> > submit a bug report.
> > That's why I had to take a screenshot. Perhaps it would help if one could
> > select and copy text from the dialog, or if there was a button to
> > automatically submit a bug report (which collects system information,
> > TeXmacs version, and other diagnostics).
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 2:48 PM Basile Audoly <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Jorge,
> >> this is correct, the error on "Precorrecting??? bad path" occurs often to
> >> me (TeXmacs 1.99.11 on macOS) when selecting content in equations, and it
> >> is harmless. My understanding is that Joris is aware of it, but it would
> >> very much help debugging if you could find a way to make it occur
> >> predictably. So far, I have not succeeded.
> >> Basile
> >>
> >> Le 29 sept. 2019 à 12:48, Jorge Fernández de Cossío Díaz <
> >> address@hidden> a écrit :
> >>
> >> Anyone else sees random errors like this? I get them regularly. The app
> >> doesn't crash, but it's annoying.
> >>
> >> <image.png>

  • Re: error, TeXmacs, 10/04/2019