Newer qt5 texmacs is slow while editing

  • From: Dennis Nezic <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Newer qt5 texmacs is slow while editing
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 21:52:57 -0400

I don't think this is the same question covered in the FAQ, which
places the blame on bad 2d gpu drivers. I was comfortably using the
older non-qt 1.0.7 version for years before, so I think it's something
new that was introduced between then and the 1.99 series :P. Is there
anything I can do to try speeding things up?

With the new qt5 based version, my cpu regularly hovers above 50%, even
while typing basic non-math stuff. Even using my left/right keyboard
keys to move through text, my cpu often reaches 70%. Heck, even
pressing the Home or End keys can spike my cpu to 80%, and there is a
frustrating delay before the cursor actually visually jumps.