TeXmacs - Maxima and the theta character

  • From: Daniel Volinski <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: TeXmacs - Maxima and the theta character
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 19:56:43 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All,

I'm using the TeXmacs - Maxima interface. When I write in a Maxima cell the following: cos(theta), I get as a response cos of the Greek character known as vartheta not the Greek character theta. What should I do in order to get the later.

Another question is, how can I put the actual Greek character theta in a Maxima cell instead of writing the name of the character?

Thanks,

Daniel Volinski