Re: Unanswered questions on the forum

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Unanswered questions on the forum
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 18:16:15 +0200

Hi Giovanni,

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 11:43:56PM +0200, Giovanni Piredda wrote:
> http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/cant-create-custom-shortcuts-for-selecting-text/256
>
> http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/page-breaking-in-framed-or-ornamented/254
>
> http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/modify-reference-macro/250 (from about
> twenty days ago).

I provided answers to those questions.

> I think that the forum is a strong asset for TeXmacs, and judging
> from the last month or so, it is not able to "self-sustain" itself -
> that is, the people that participate in the forum are not able to
> keep it active, and it may be that this discourages potential users.
> So it needs in my opinion a bit of attention from people who are
> able to give answers.

I personally struggle to find time to keep up with the mailing lists,
bug tracker, patch tracker, etc., so I can only occasionally contribute
to the forum. But you can cross-post from time to time whenever you feel
that some issue is particularly important.

Best wishes, --Joris