Re: TeXmacs 2.1

  • From: Darcy Shen <address@hidden>
  • To: "texmacs-users" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs 2.1
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 00:09:43 +0800
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.zoho.com.cn; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=address@hidden; dmarc=pass header.from=<address@hidden>
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=zoho.com.cn; s=zohoarc; t=1624810184; h=Content-Type:Date:From:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Message-ID:References:Subject:To; bh=uzZWPE4U/famJ2MlSGggYn8pYRN/ErcQI8z/m8LJDoc=; b=DWdMb1W7pojKzMWZMXCZvZjQvWe7AERZC6eR5N2desgI/4R4gctTo2FDUzfl3ppym5gfo/NmwsH3zChJz41g3A7r2ihH9EsJrV/G8BpbA9CZSpJVuRGATh8YygxYZ8a+n4grpc9a7XJzFmMeRDGyddC87qMsvhXR7QfzSkQTwx4=
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1624810184; cv=none; d=zoho.com.cn; s=zohoarc; b=ljhqGVSTHH1av1FyxAMFmDhw5xz/yfRqzxMEN9RtR+QfkMcU27oNfamjNV1z3HDQ/h1ubkB8BUIh7lIMHm3DlvGJlypgLtkY5K9nJBmzCL9VnXw4kG+Xua87vSK8e/KEag2Qr4XEN1XeFEI6Gs0TBFFDamjAcSJm73GydfDGK/w=

For high school education, I think we should spend more time for the Windows version of GNU TeXmacs.

It seems most GNU TeXmacs developers are using GNU/Linux and macOS.

I just made 4 commits to improve plugin behavior on Windows.

And next week, hopefull, I will make SageMath work on Windows.

BTW

There are high school math teachers in China who are using GNU TeXmacs.

Here is the video made by a high school math teacher in China: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Z7411n7Xv

---- On Fri, 2021-06-25 22:31:51 TeXmacs <address@hidden> wrote ----

Hi Jeroen,

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 12:28:07PM +0100, Jeroen Wouters wrote:
> On promoting TeXmacs in an education setting, I have just submitted
> an abstract to a UK conference on teaching mathematics and
> statistics (<http://sigma.coventry.ac.uk/CETLMSOR2021>). I hope to
> demonstrate there how I've used TeXmacs to create accessible
> HTML+MathJax documents and to do live-editing of mathematical
> content in online lectures and tutorials.

Thanks for the initiative. Note also that I definitely want
to focus more on users in (high school) education for version 2.2.
There are several improvements that can be made that would benefit
this type of use.

In the meantime, it would indeed be nice to make publicity for TeXmacs 2.1
among teachers. I don't know if there are many educational mailing lists
to which one might post a message with the announcement. For the moment,
I am only aware of one person who forwarded the message to
a list of personal aquaintances...

Best wishes, --Joris