about shortcuts

  • From: vincent douce <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: about shortcuts
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 06:57:18 +0200

hi

i have dived into /Applications/TeXmacs.app/Contents/Resources/share/TeXmacs/progs/math/math-kbd.scm
and i have noticed that shortcuts are thought in an exhaustive and coherent way :
- exhaustive because the programmer seems to have wanted to put a maximum of symbols as shortcuts
- coherent because for example all symbols "looking like" a = are in the {=tab,=tabtab,..} list
my way of using TeXmacs doesnt need exhastivity not coherence ; it needs rapidity : i teach maths through Skype
so i have modifyed (a very little bit for the moment, see 1.15) my own /math-kbd.scm in order to get most used (by me) symbols in a quick way
for example :
= tab gives now on my computer the really most used <=>
x tab gives \times
etc...

i still have a lot of questions to go further in this work (see beginning of the document)

during this work i have made a little summary that would gain to be a bit worked on but that could be useful

questions and summary here, tm and pdf version :

Vincent