Re: about shortcuts

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: about shortcuts
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 08:00:21 +0000

Am 30.08.2021 um 08:46 schrieb vincent douce:
hi Giovanni, thank for all your tipps, i have made great steps in my personal remapping of TeXmacs, i will share with you

------------ about my-init-texmacs --------------
i understand the necessity of writing my shortcuts in my-init-texmacs instead of math-kbd.scm
so, i have written this in my-init-texmacs and restarted TeXmacs :

  (kbd-map
  (:mode in-math?) ("< <" "<alpha>")   )
you know, just to see if it works just to see, in fact, if there is a sort of priority between my-init-texmacs and math-kbd.scm but my alpha doesn't work

Try this:

(delayed (lazy-keyboard-force) (kbd-map
  (:mode in-math?)
("< <" "<alpha>")
  ))

and you can put all of your keyboard shortcuts inside the same "delayed" form.

It forces the default keyboard shortcuts to be loaded immediately, so they will be overwritten by the definition you are setting. I think that if you do not do that, the Scheme files with the default shortcuts will be loaded the first time you are writing a mathematical equation, so they will overwrite the shortcuts in my-init-texmacs.

------------ shortcut themselves --------------
so i have made your other suggestions for the moment in math-kbd.scm

* these work very fine : ("A-s" (make-sqrt)) ("C-s" (make-sqrt)))
("f f" (make-fraction)))

* these are not yet perfect :

(kbd-map (:mode in-math?) ("v v" (begin (make-hybrid) (insert "vect")) ))
works fine except that i have to type enter i.e. v v enter : it would be fine if vv would directly put a box under a vector arrow...

I figured it out by browsing the source files:

(kbd-map (:mode in-math?) ("v v" (begin (make-hybrid) (insert "vect") (kbd-return) )))

by me ("'" "*") (to replace the key ` by *) does-nt work yet due maybe to the way mac's keyboard's key ` works ? i have to see

and as you, § is not accepted by TeXmacs when I press it either in math or text (where it should represent itself)

I do not know where to search for information about this. Does anyone?

question "why the shortcut C-& does not have any effect"
it works in equations that contain the equality symbol; if there is no equality symbol, it does not do anything :-)
by me : never works, even if i am in a math equation say a=2

Is the equation you are in inline or displayed? It should work with displayed, and not do anything with inline. If it does not work with displayed, we can investigate more.

Finally for this message, I think that we could publish your nice document on shortcuts in the TeXmacs blog, I am available to help with that.

Giovanni

Vincent