Re: TeXmacs: multi-line codes for Format → Specific

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Frank <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs: multi-line codes for Format → Specific
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 15:49:20 +0100

Dear Frank,
it seems not possible (e.g. the UI does not allow it). Apparently the
"specific" tag can only be applied to simple content. If you need to have
different behaviour in the LaTeX export you might try the following approach:
when you export either HTML or LaTeX TeXmacs looks for macros of the form
'tmhtml-XXXX' or 'tmlatex-XXXX' where 'XXXX' is the name of the macro
appearing in the document. If they exists they are used instead of the
standard macros (this is documented for HTML in the manual but I think should
work also for LaTeX). So you can introduce conditional behaviour by defining
macros and then customize them for LaTeX (or HTML).

HTH,
Best
Max