Re: Import of latex document with letter document class

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Texmacs Users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Import of latex document with letter document class
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 17:59:50 +0200 (CEST)

Aug 31, 2022, 15:32 by address@hidden:

> TeXmacs is not a frontend to LaTeX, you can write letters in TeXmacs
> without need to have a corresponding LaTeX file, indeed especially for this
> kind of material or anything else which should not be shipped to an
> editor/typesetter who explicitly require LaTeX, there is no reason to use
> LaTeX with TeXmacs.
>
> You have a "letter" style in TeXmacs, and if you need some complex
> formatting for the header you can use tables and images.
>
> Maybe you should explain a bit more what you try to achieve, so that we can
> help you find a reasonable and efficient solution.
>
> Try to provide robust conversion for all the possible LaTeX classes (even
> just all the possible LaTeX letter classes) while technically possible
> requires a lot of time and effort and it is not one of the priorities of
> the project. But we welcome people which can help improving our conversion
> tools in a maintanable way.
>
> Best
> Massimiliano

Thank you for the explanation.  What I had in mind was the facilitation of a
single letter class that would word with texmacs import, and people could use
that.  Many times I code in latex because the parsing of commands in texmacs
makes it difficult to scrutinise the code using unix tools (e.g. grep) on the
source.

It could be better for texmacs developers, but for users perusing files
written in texmacs in difficult.