Re: copy-pasting non-ASCII characters

  • From: Kovács Zoltán <address@hidden>
  • To: Maxime Devos <address@hidden>
  • Cc: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: copy-pasting non-ASCII characters
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 17:35:45 +0200

Maxime,
it turned out that the environment variables make no effect, but the language of the document does.
Not just the Hungarian but the Croatian, Czech, Slovak, Sloven and Polish languages have the same problem.
The copy-paste for the other languages is correct.
Thanks again.
Best, Zoltan

Maxime Devos <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2022. szept. 22., Cs, 17:18):

On 21-09-2022 22:04, Kovács Zoltán wrote:
> Thanks for the answer, Maxime. When copying your input, I get this:
>     ‘ffoooâ'¥ĎŐ←„→ČÍĂ®
> image.png
> Maybe it depends on the language setting?
> Best, Zoltan

I don't know what's going on, but I expect the values of the $LC_...,
$LANG and $LANGUAGE to be useful.  In my environment, LC_... and
$LANGUAGE are unset and LANG=nl_NL.utf8.  Could you try to reproduce with

env -u LC_ALL -u LC_COLLATE -u LC_CTYPE -u language LANG=nl_NL.utf8 texmacs

to determine whether the language settings are relevant?

Greetings,
Maxime.

--

Dr. Zoltán Kovács, MSc

Institut Ausbildung

Private Pädagogische Hochschule der Diözese Linz
Private University of Education, Diocese Linz
Salesianumweg 3, 4020 Linz
Mail: address@hidden

Web: www.ph-linz.at