Selection and replacement, macro expansion

  • From: Álvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Selection and replacement, macro expansion
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:49:35 +0100

Hi,

Selection and replacement
------------------------------------

I was wondering why TeXmacs __adds__ text when you type and some text is
selected, instead of __substituting__. It is strange, most word processors
and editors subsitute the selected text with the typed/pasted one.

I think this is a very universal feature of text interfaces that should be
preserved in TeXmacs.

Something completely unrelated: macro evaluation triggered by <enter> or
<spacebar>

Does anybody know if it would break something to make TeXmacs evaluate macros
by just pressing the space bar at the end (now pressing the enter key is the
default behaviour)? I don't know of any macros with spaces inside, so it
seems safe to me to do so.
I believe that using the spacebar is more natural in the flow of
touch-typing. Please, tell me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I would be happy if
_both_ keys were allowed, I don't have anything agains <enter>.

TIA,

--
álvaro.tejero.cantero
alqua.com, la red en estudio