Re: Selection and replacement, macro expansion

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Selection and replacement, macro expansion
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:39:58 +0100

On Monday 25 February 2002 19:49, Álvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:
> Does anybody know if it would break something to make TeXmacs evaluate
> macros by just pressing the space bar at the end (now pressing the enter
> key is the default behaviour)? I don't know of any macros with spaces
> inside, so it seems safe to me to do so.
> I believe that using the spacebar is more natural in the flow of
> touch-typing. Please, tell me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I would be happy if
> _both_ keys were allowed, I don't have anything agains <enter>.

Appears to me like it makes sense.

However it seems that "space" cannot be rebound like other keys. Try:

(set-keymap (always?)
("S-space" "hello")
("space" "world")
("h" "how"))

If it worked, the following would do the trick

(define (inside-hybrid?) (inside? "hybrid"))
(set-keymap (inside-hybrid?) ("space" (activate)))
--

-- David --