Re: Selection and replacement, macro expansion

  • From: Jason Dagit <address@hidden>
  • To: Álvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Selection and replacement, macro expansion
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:56:00 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, [iso-8859-15] ?lvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Selection and replacement
> ------------------------------------
>
> I was wondering why TeXmacs __adds__ text when you type and some text is
> selected, instead of __substituting__. It is strange, most word processors
> and editors subsitute the selected text with the typed/pasted one.
>
> I think this is a very universal feature of text interfaces that should be
> preserved in TeXmacs.

Try using emacs some time. The trick is to select the text, and then type
C-w (ctrl-w). I know it's cludgy if you're not use it it, but I'm sure
the functionality is realated to texmacs having it's roots with emacs.

I think there should be a toggle for it, and there probably is an
undocumented one.

Jason