Re: multiple reference

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: multiple reference
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:30:06 +0100

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 03:22:23PM +0100, Parrenin Frédéric wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use the bibliographic tool in texmacs, but I did not find how to
> insert a multiple reference in a document.
> For example, in latex, you use :
>
> \cite{Emi55,esat-science99}
>
> But in texmacs, I have tried :
>
> By importing a latex document, I have seen that it is written :
>
> <cite|Emi55|esat-science99>
>
> With the two pipes in blue.
> When I try to reproduce that, the pipe is black and it does not work.
> It is not explained how to add multiple references in this manual :
> help>manual>automatic generation of text.
>
> How can I do that ?
> (The only way that I have found is to edit my .tm file).

By pressing the [tab] key while inside the inactive 'cite'.

See section 2.8.5 of the user manual.

> Note that it would be helpful for new users to add an icon in the
> toolbar when you are in a reference, to allow adding a new references
> inside.

Mhhh, maybe it would be a nice thing to have "activate" and "add
parameter" icons when in inactive structures. We would do that if
someone can contribute icons (use xpm files with the same palette as
the other small icons in the toolbar).

> It seems also that there is no shortcuts to add a new reference. It
> would be nice to have one, because in scientific articles you add very
> often new references.

You can always create new function application using the hybrid
command [\]. For a cite, that would be [\ c i t e tab]. But a specific
shorthand (which would appear in the menu) would probably be a good
thing.

Joris: what do you think about this kind of shortcut? That does not
seem to fall in any existing category. That is universal markup (it
can be used in math and text) but it is not a command, and it probably
should not use the 'inactive' or 'executable' prefix. Maybe we should
introduce a 'universal' prefix, for example 'cmd u' for high level
structures which can be created using the [Insert] menu. Cite could be
'universal c' and cite* could be 'universal C'. Or maybe we should
find a way to advertise hybrid command names...

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org

  • multiple reference, Parrenin Frédéric, 01/27/2003
    • Re: multiple reference, david, 01/28/2003