Re: bibliography not exported in html, hilighting changes, xmldiff

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: bibliography not exported in html, hilighting changes, xmldiff
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:42:08 +0100

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 05:50:56PM +0100, Parrenin Frédéric wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know the html is much less semantically rich than texmacs is.
>
> The problem is to give a document that other people can comment and
> modify. With an html export, they can comment in the text and add/delete
> parts of sentences. Then, I can add their modifications to my texmacs
> file by copy/paste.

Okay. I thought that you meant to import the HTML back to TeXmacs.

> > If your co-author cannot use TeXmacs, I recommand you export to LaTeX.
> > This converter is quite advanced. And if he is in scientific
> > publishing he probably knows how to manage that.
>
> It is not exactly true... In mathematics, ok. But in earth sciences, a
> lot of people only know M$-Word...

I think at the moment you should follow the suggestion of Yannick:
export to LaTeX and then use a third party conversion tool to produce
HTML.

TeXmacs 1.1 will have a much better support for HTML, but that is
still a long way off.

> A related question is : is there something in texmacs that allow for
> showing modifications of different author of the same document ?
> I mean, in M$-Word, you can "Show modification". The new text is in red,
> and the text deleted in red and strikeouted.
> It is a very useful feature in many domains.
> If it is not present in texmacs, is it planned ?

We already had this wish several times, that is indeed a very useful
feature. Currently there is not automated way to do it. Well, one
could always write some Scheme code to this effect... Using macros to
tag and hilight the modifications is not difficult, the difficult part
is handling the diffing logic. Since TeXmacs is tree-based, it has
been told that xmldiff (a Python program) might come handy.

That is indeed a planned feature. BTW, you could add it to the Bug
Tracker on savannah.gnu.org in category Wishlist.

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org