Re: Images and $

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Mark Arrasmith <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Images and $
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:23:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Mark Arrasmith wrote:
> Just a few really stupid luser questions ...
>
> 1) How can I get the $ symbol within a document? When I'm writing an exam
> I'd like to be able to use $200 rather than 200 dollars :)

You may use "S-F5 $".

> 2) Can I resize an image once it has been imported into TeXmacs? This is
> mainly for the dynamic graphics from text sessions (like gnuplot, R, etc)

Yes, put your cursor behind the image, press backspace and edit
the contents. In the mailing list archives or on the Wiki,
you should find more info.

> 3) What documentation is best to look at so I can change some of the key
> shortcuts (copy, paste, save, etc.)? I need to make them more KDE like,
> because that is what the users have here.

I'm afraid that we do not have much documentation yet.
Best is to look into the sources, which should be quite clean, and

Help -> Manual -> Customizing TeXmacs

> 4) I'm considering making a text session plugin for eukleides
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/obrecht/ which uses pstrics for graphics. Is that
> supported? Or should I rather have it go .euk > .tex > .eps and then
> include
> that?

Yes, that would be great. At a first stage, the best thing would be to go
for the .euk -> .tex -> .eps scheme you propose. Later on, when TeXmacs
will support graphics primitives, we might improve the scheme.

> Lastly, thanks for the great software. It is a great interface for quickly
> typing exams and homework. And the interface to R should really help the
> grad students with their assigned stats projects.

Thanks :^)