Re: [TeXmacs] switch superpose

  • From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: Jan Ulrich Hasecke <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] switch superpose
  • Date: 30 Sep 2003 21:14:57 -0400

> I inserted some switches but the navigation-menus are still
> disabled. Additionally I have problems with keybindings. But menus
> should work anyhow.

They work for me. Attached an example file.

> Ah, I see. But what is the connection between superpose and switches,
> fold and unfold. They are in one menu, so I think they have a common
> function.

Perhaps there's some connection in the implementation, but at the
interface level it seems to me just a way to group together functions
which may produce several "layers" in one place.

> I did some translations for the german menus and I am sure nobody can
> understand what I have written, because I only translated the words
> but did not understand the function. :-/
>
> So you would help me to improve the german menus.

The first time I wanted to know was precisely for this reason. When I
understood I chose to translate switch as "fotogramas" which is like
"frames" in a movie. In my view it's very intuitive.

Fold -> "plegado" (folded).
Superpose -> "superponer" (this one, literally, it's pretty descriptive
as it stands).

HTH, á.

--
Álvaro Tejero Cantero