Question about BibTex

  • From: Javier Arántegui <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Question about BibTex
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:42:52 +0200

Hello,

Finally I'm using happily a BibTex database to manage my bibliographic
references. Because I don't use emacs and I don't know a word of LaTeX or
BibTex, I am using JabRef. It's a Java program, quite easy to use and let
import references in several formats.

I've been testing how to insert citations in the text and how to produce the
bibliography. No problems at all.

But, here is my problem: I want to use a BibTex style file from Elsevier
( elsart-harv.bst from LaTeX file guidelines
<http://authors.elsevier.com/getting_published.html?dc=QG3>). I download the
file to the directory I have the document I am writing. After that, I select
as style elsart-harv. No problem until here. The problem is that when I
update the bibliography the result is not what it should be.

Citations in the text should be like: "Since Peterson (1993) has shown
that..." or "This is in agreement with results obtained later (Kramer,
1994)".

But, what I got is: "...and circuit analysis simulations ([Gongora-Nieto
et-al.(2004)Gongora-Nieto, Pedrow, Swanson, and Barbosa-Canovas])

There is a reason, I guess. In the webpage says "When you use this style
file,
you should also use the natbib package." But, I have no idea of how to use
that style file using TeXmacs.

I'd appreciate any help of how to use this style.

Javier

--

Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
http://www.tecal.udl.es