Re: [TeXmacs] [OT] Of Ease of Use and World Domination

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Lionel Elie Mamane <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] [OT] Of Ease of Use and World Domination
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:03:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

Let us please stop this discussion.

There are many different types of users who all like different types
of keyboard shortcuts, input styles (keyboard/mouse), from different
backgrounds (know/do not know LaTeX), etc.

The TeXmacs philosophy is to make everybody happy by using redundancy
and overloading whenever possible and user preferences otherwise.
The only important thing is to provide reasonable defaults.
On Unix systems, I think that we should stick to our current settings
and provide a "Windows-like" keymap for users of KDE and Gnome.
On the Windows port, this Windows keymap might be the default.