Re: [TeXmacs] Documentation for advanced users?

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Norbert Nemec <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Documentation for advanced users?
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:54:56 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Norbert Nemec wrote:
> * what do I do with commands/macros that I cannot deactivate with the
> backspace key? Backspace works on some commands (like "if") but not on
> others
> (like "with). If I have a <with|color|red|some text> command activated in my
> text, how do I change "red" to "green" without deleting the text completely?

M-- (M-minus) can be used to disactivate a selected region of text.
Use A-backspace to remove the disactivation tag. Similarly, inside
a disactivated region you may reactivate a subregion using M-+.
I think that this is documented somewhere in the chapter about
writing style files.

> * Is there a way to edit the keyword of a command directly? I.e. turning a
> deactivated command back into a "hybrid command"?

This can be done for disactivated text (with exceptions).

> * why isn't the status line giving full information about the tag at the
> cursor position? If I have a <with|color|red|some text> tag activated
> somewhere and move my cursor there, I see "with red" in the status line,
> without any notion about the variable name "color". Actually, I realize that
> giving "full" information is not feasible, of course. I just would like to
> know what the systematics behind this are.

Some special attributes, like "color", "language", etc. are treated
in a special way, since "red" obviously is about color (well, usually).