Re: [TeXmacs] Questions about styles

  • From: Javier Arántegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Questions about styles
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:17:16 +0100

Hello,

El Viernes, 17 de Diciembre de 2004 10:51, Joris van der Hoeven escribió:
> No you can't (for the moment at least; there are plans to customize
> the appearance of the cursor (thicker and blinking is also interesting for
> people who can't see very well)). However, I don't have time for this
> now...

It's good to know that there are plans to improve this.

> > 2. Is it possible to change the color of a bullet or it must have the
> > same color than the text?
>
> What do you mean? The bullet in an itemize. Of course you can give it
> any color you want, by selecting it and applying another colour.
>
> > And, can the character itself be redefined?
>
> No, but you can easily define a macro "bullet",
> which may then be redefined later on.

I simply redefined the itemize-dot macro with a different character.

I attached my last version of my seminar style file. I redefined 'strong' and
'em'. Notice that you'll get a different result if you apply strong and then
em, or apply em and then strong.

To know the sintax of macros, etc the best is reading the help files,
especially the reference guide. As well it's interesting to give a look to
files in /usr/share/TeXmacs/package. For instance, I learnt how to redefine
the macro itemize-dot reading the file std-list.ts
in /usr/share/TeXmacs/package/standard.

It is easy to do searches in the documentation and source code but there is
no
way to search the package. I'd suggest to include a Help -> Search ->
Packages...

I hope that this information would be helpful. It's easier that it seems to
write your own style files. There are no excuse ;-) to not participate in the
Contest <http://www.udl.es/usuaris/w3511782/texmacs-contest.html>.

Javier

--

Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
http://www.tecal.udl.es