Re: [TeXmacs] Typing and/or query-replacing math symbols (also, New mode for graphics)

  • From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Typing and/or query-replacing math symbols (also, New mode for graphics)
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:56:44 +0200 (CEST)

Select what you want to search and copy it to the search clipboard (M-W s with
emacs keybindings), then select what you want as a replacement and copy it to
the replace clipboard (M-W r) and then execute search and replace _when inside
mathematics_, when the dialog appears (or the question in the minibuffer) just
press return twice, and voila.

About the other question, if the symbol you want is "vee" the way to know its
shortcut is to go to Help>Search>source code, type vee, and in the first hit
you
get the keybindings file math-kbd.scm

There you get it: "S-F5 v" (S-F5 is the keybinding for math:symbol.

'Alvaro

Quoting "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>:

> Is there any easy way to get query-replace to work with math-mode
> symbols -- for example, if I have a document with interspersed
> equations that use "+" for logical or, and I want to change the +'s
> into the logical or (the v-like symbol in the math operators menu),
> can I do that with query-replace? I looked at the documentation for
> query-replace, and it seems to presuppose that you can type the text
> to be inserted...
>
> If this can't be done, then I'd love to hear if there's a way to type
> the logical or with the keyboard rather than having to do a switch
> from keyboard to mouse.
>

> In other news, the whole "should TeXmacs have its own drawing tool"
> discussion makes me long for the days of the Xerox star document
> processing system, or for the OpenDoc project which was (if I've got
> this right) supposed to let independently developed tools manage
> various elements of a document (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDoc).
> Unfortunately, I've not kept up with the state of desktop environments
> recently -- do any of these things let different applications share a
> _single_document_ seamlessly from the user's point of view?
>
> Dave Wonnacott

Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Arnold Sommerfeld Center for Theoretical Physics
Ludwig-Maximilian Universitaet
Muenchen