Re: Re : Re: [TeXmacs] installation problem of win texmacs

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Jack Zhang <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>, Dan Martens <address@hidden>, address@hidden, Ansari Mohamed <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Re : Re: [TeXmacs] installation problem of win texmacs
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:21:43 +0100

Jack Zhang wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>I am tired to defend myself on this issue now. I would like to keep
>silence rather than to fight with others for two reasons:

In no case was the goal of the discussion to defend
or to fight against each other. In fact, when I saw
your mail, I answered because I had the idea that it
would be a good opportunity to **discuss** these issues.

Unfortunately, it seems that I was plain wrong :-(...

>1> I am a little and poor man, I am not eligible to be generous donor
>to this community.

I didn't answered about this point, but if you are
uneasy with the idea of generous donors to run a
community, let me tell you that I strongly agree
with you.

In practice, I see that most of the time, free software
projects can only exist as soon as the participants
have an independent income : plain and simple. Otherwise,
you spend your life begging, and it is not a life (and
it doesn't really works, anyway).

This is why I'm neither comfortable with any of the
two options discussed previously (nor the "donation"
one, nor the "business" one).

This is not to say that business is bad or that
donations are not useful : for example, it is
a very nice thing to donate, especially because
this way, people show that they care ; but it
is definitely not true that one can sustain a
whole project with it (except in some exceptional
cases).

>2> I am non-profession and not a qualified developer.
>
>So I quit. That is it.

This is extremely excessive, all the more
because the idea in the first place was to
discuss problems and explore the different
available opportunities, instead of letting
the conversation driving us into stupid and
illogic affective, or psychological problems
that never solved anything.