Re: [TeXmacs] urgent question of separate sub files for one big file urgent question

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Jack Zhang <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] urgent question of separate sub files for one big file urgent question
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:47:06 +0200

Jack Zhang wrote:

Henri

Thanks for your help.

I decide to uninstall and install again. Should I only install miktex and wintexmacs only?

I'm not sure it will solve the problem, because it is rather
likely that your document is based on an older version of
TeXmacs, and that the update routine is incomplete for the
kind of feature you use (namely, including files).

Thus you should definitely look at if you can create a new
master file with included files using the TeXmacs version
you currently have. If you can do it, then it is probably
not a big deal to remove and then insert again the included
files in your original file. This is probably less work
than go again thru a whole install process without even
knowing if it will solve the problem (on the other hand,
I know that this technique sometime works, especially
under Windows :-(... ).