Re: [TeXmacs] URGENT: Document too large?

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Jani Huhtanen <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] URGENT: Document too large?
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:45:14 +0200

Jani Huhtanen wrote:

Hi group,

I'm writing my thesis on texmacs, and now at the very last chapter of my thesis I stumbled upon a nasty bug/feature. Texmacs does not load my document anymore. Instead of loading it throws an error:

-- TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
ERROR: In procedure scm_allocate_string:
ERROR: Argument 1 out of range: 28213052

and by staggering coincidence 28213052 (~27Mb) just so happens to be the number of bytes in my document. Please tell me that there is an easy fix to this!

Fortunately, the TeXmacs files are made of (a quite readable)
text-based markup, so you should be able to recover your
document by means of editing it in emacs, and reducing
its size by means of removing costly parts (the easiest
being probably to try to remove big <postscript|...>
markup chunks).

As soon as your document size will have been sufficiently
reduced, it will probably become loadeable again, and
then you should take care of splitting it in several
parts.