Re: [TeXmacs] Please Urgent Help: I'm having problems printing mythesis for Monday morning

  • From: Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Please Urgent Help: I'm having problems printing mythesis for Monday morning
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:50:03 -0500

Thanks Henri for your quick response,

Henri Lesourd escribió:
Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:

Hi all,

I was in the process of printing my thesis and the final date is this Monday morning June 4 at 8:30 a.m. in Bogotá/Colombia (GMT +5 if I'm not wrong). I was happily writing it and I wanted to print it today, but all went wrong when I try to print it using TeXmacs, it's putting stranget footers and headers on some pages,

The only apparently strange header I see is "Indice", from the beginning to the
end, but I don't know what it means...

"Indice" is the word "Index" and is generated by the inclusion of the Table Of Contents.

making arbitrary page breaks in others (see for example page 11 on the attached pdf file)

I don't see any problem with page 11...

and the worse is that its "eating" the last line in all the pages.

It doesn't looks like it does that. In between pages 9 and 10, I read,
at the end of page 9:
<<
mencionan ser un tercer enfoque entre lo analítico y

, and at the beginning of page 10:
<<
lo sintético o entre lo inductivo y lo deductivo.

Thus to me, it seems that the sentence is complete (but I can't be
completely sure).

The problem is that is complete on pdf file, but is not when it is printed.

I was thinking that it was because of the letter size of TeXmacs is not the same as the standar letter page here, so I tried to change to put the exact values (width=21.7 cm length=28 cm) and every time I tried TeXmacs crashes.

If I was having a bad problem with TeXmacs (or with any other editor), I
would try to split my big file in several small ones.

[...]

Are you sure the problem is with TeXmacs, and not with your PDF viewer ?

I have already have the file made of small ones. And I think that the problem is not related with the pdf viewer because I have changed manually the tags in the file putting:

<associate|page-top|1in.>

For example and I can see a difference in the way that the pdf viewer (kpdf by the way) shows and prints the document. There is any way to
manually add TeXmacs tags to specify the page width and length? may be

<associate|page-width|22 cm.>
<associate|page-length|28 cm.>

I have tried with many editors but they seem to change accented characters on my TeXmacs doc.

Thanks again,

Offray