Re: [TeXmacs] Please Urgent Help: I'm having problems printing mythesis for Monday morning

  • From: Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <address@hidden>
  • To: Jan Lellmann <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Please Urgent Help: I'm having problems printing mythesis for Monday morning
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 22:55:54 -0500

Hi,

Thanks a lot and yep, the problem was related with the hierarchy of the chapters and sections. Its a little bit anti-intuitive even for old TeXmacs users. I have corrected manually that. Still I'm trying to isolate and solve the margins problems.

Cheers,

Offray

Jan Lellmann escribió:
Hello,

the "Indices" in the header is shown because (I'm guessing here) you
have organized the document at the topmost level using sections (those
that are inserted by pressing Alt-1) and not chapters (Alt-0), as the
style expects. This is IMHO a pitfall, since most people expect the
leftmost key ("1") to correspond to the topmost level.
I did this too on my thesis, and corrected it by manually converting all
sections to chapters, subsections to sections etc.

For the title pages, you can remove the headers and footers by inserting

<assign|page-this-footer|><assign|page-this-header|>

into the sources (I do not remember the menu item right now).

Best regards,
Jan

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:
Hi all,

I was in the process of printing my thesis and the final date is this
Monday morning June 4 at 8:30 a.m. in Bogotá/Colombia (GMT +5 if I'm not
wrong). I was happily writing it and I wanted to print it today, but all
went wrong when I try to print it using TeXmacs, it's putting stranget
footers and headers on some pages, making arbitrary page breaks in
others (see for example page 11 on the attached pdf file) and the worse
is that its "eating" the last line in all the pages. I was thinking that
it was because of the letter size of TeXmacs is not the same as the
standar letter page here, so I tried to change to put the exact values
(width=21.7 cm length=28 cm) and every time I tried TeXmacs crashes.

This is the ouput from "texmacs --version"

TeXmacs version 1.0.6
(c) 1999-2003 by Joris van der Hoeven

and this is from "wajig details texmacs":

Package: texmacs
Section: universe/editors
Installed-Size: 5184
Maintainer: Ralf Treinen <address@hidden>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1:1.0.6-2ubuntu1

Please, any help that you can bring me for having my thesis made on
TeXmacs, printing in proper times will be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Offray