TOC and references

  • From: Peter Rapčan <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: TOC and references
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:08:10 +0200

Hi everybody,

I have the following "problem". When I put labels in e.g. a chapter name, the label is automatically also present in the table of contents as well. Consequently, referencing the (original) label from a place that is before the chapter (and its label) works incorrectly, that is, the reference gives me number of page (from the TOC) instead of the number of the chapter. Thus, it seems that the reference takes the label in the TOC as the place it is pointing to in this case.

I know I could place the labels somewhere in the text of the chapter (like in the first line) instead of in the chapter title, but this seems to me less natural. In my opinion, labels should simply be not transferred to TOC automatically.

Best regards,

Peter.