Re: [TeXmacs] Ack! Having trouble with "Part" in book style

  • From: Jeremy Henty <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Ack! Having trouble with "Part" in book style
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:12:53 +0100

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 01:53:59PM -0400, David G. Wonnacott wrote:

> The first line just says "10.0.6".

Strange! I guess the syntax has changed.

> I'll try to compile the CVS version, if my newly upgraded system
> will let me :-(

According to <URL:http://www.inp.nsk.su/~grozin/TeXmacs/>:

If you are running the "unstable" distribution, you can get
TeXmacs from "experimental" (by including the corresponding line
in your /etc/apt/sources.list) which is rather up-to-date.
Versions in "stable", "testing", and "unstable" are way too old.
Unfortunately, the package is orphaned. Any volunteers?

Ubuntu is based on Debian "unstable", and contains TeXmacs. You
can (probably) install an up-to-date TeXmacs from Debian
"experimental".

Might be worth trying that before compiling it yourself. Maybe you
should compile 1.0.6.10 before jumping to CVS? No point in
multiplying risks!

Regards,

Jeremy Henty