Re: [TeXmacs] Border styles of a table? possible to change?

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Zoltán Kovács <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Border styles of a table? possible to change?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:09:02 +0200

Zoltán Kovács wrote:

Though, I run into a strange issue. I exported the final version to LaTeX. Unfortunately the PNG images are not converted automatically into EPS.

There is some UNIX package you need for doing this kind of
conversion (probably netpbm). As for me, when inserting a png
image in a TeXmacs document, I get the following output on the
console :
[[
pnmtops: warning, image too large for page, rescaling to 0.990291
pnmtops: writing color PostScript...
pnmtops: warning, image too large for page, rescaling to 0.990291
pnmtops: writing color PostScript...
pnmtops: warning, image too large for page, rescaling to 0.990291
pnmtops: writing color PostScript...
pnmtops: warning, image too large for page, rescaling to 0.990291
pnmtops: writing color PostScript...
]]

This 'pnmtops' command at least is something you need.

But it's not the worst: unfortunately I get a buggy LaTeX file. It is very interesting that the Postscript preview is perfect (inside TeXmacs), but on running LaTeX I get error messages.

Has anyone experienced such a problem? Unfortunately I cannot figure out where is the temporary LaTeX file on creating the Postscript preview --- I could use it because temporarily it could solve my problem. TeXmacs seems to remove it immediately as the Postscript output has been displayed. I thought I dive into the code but it doesn't seem to be a feasible job 3 days before the submission deadline... ;-D

You should not dive into the code, all the more because what you are
looking for doesn't exists ;-D ;-D.

There is no intermediary LaTeX file generated when displaying a PS,
because TeXmacs rendering engine is wholly implemented from scratch,
and completely independent from LaTeX, TeX, and the like.

Could you please help? The whole thing is tgz'ed on http://wmi.math.u-szeged.hu/~kovzol/wmi2-article.tgz <http://wmi.math.u-szeged.hu/%7Ekovzol/wmi2-article.tgz>.

The LaTeX export is implemented as an independent add-on,
in Scheme. I would suggest figuring out what is exactly the
bug, then hacking a quick fix in Perl (and then submitting
a bug report to us... :-).